Week 13: GREEK WEEK!!!

   

    Greek Week. The most exhausting but fun week on campus especially for the members of Greek Life. Greek Week takes place every year on Ohio Northern's campus. It is a whole week of sports and activities for each sorority and fraternity to compete for their respective trophies and become that year's Greek life champions.  






This year's schedule includes: 

Monday: Greek Sing 

What is Greek Sing?

Greek Sing is where each fraternity and sorority has to complete a ten-minute performance with dances and lyric changes to fit ONU and Greek life. 

Placed: 4th


Tuesday: No Events :(   (Honors Day)


Wednesday: Pandora's Box 

What is Pandora's Box?

Pandora's box could literally mean any event the Greek Week co-chairs can pretty much think of. Last year it was a game of Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader. In years past one Pandora's box event was to see who could build the highest tower out of marshmallows and uncooked spaghetti noodles. One year some of the seniors told me they were convinced that the event was playing Mario Kart so they practiced playing for hours.

Placed: 2nd 


Thursday: Kickball & Polar Bear Relay

Placed: 1st and 3rd


Friday: Volleyball 

Placed: 2nd 


Saturday: Greek Olympics!!!

Chariot Race

Placed: 4th


Egg Toss 

Placed: 3rd


Ultimate Relay

Placed: 1st


Dodgeball

Placed: 2nd 


Cardboard Canoe

Placed: 4th


Mud Tug

Placed: 1st


Banner Contest

Placed: Tied for 1st

    After missing all week due to being stuck in the hospital I was able to make it back Friday evening so that I could make it to the Greek Olympics the next day. Although Theta put up a tough fight to win this year Zeta won again. I personally just think no matter who wins the whole week is fun and I was so thankful to be here on Saturday. Congrats to everyone in Greek Life for having such an awesome Greek Week especially our Co-Chairs Megan Bley and Justin Hall. Plus every chapter's awesome delegates for all their hard work.







Comments

  1. When you say that Greek Week is exhausting and a lot, you aren't lying! As a freshman, I didn't know what to expect, but after experiencing it for the first time, your description is very accurate. I am so glad you were able to make it to the last few events!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also sad I had to miss the majority of Greek Week! Hopefully next year we both can be more involved. I definitely didn't expect all the chapters to go all out, but I was mistaken. I had a lot of fun watching some of the Greek Olympics and I am so proud of our entire chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greek Week does seem quite exhausting, but I don't have the experience of it sadly. Next year I will probably be joining a fraternity so I'll get the experience all of the fun! Not looking forward to the stress that comes with it though haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 2: Thinking Theta

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap