Chapter #6: Twitter... I mean X

Twitter rebrands its Android app to X, is iOS app next?

Chapter #6:

    X is more commonly known as its former name Twitter whereas X was created by Elon Musk after he bought Twitter back in July of 2023. I know that it is popular but I haven't even opened the app since I was told to download it in my high school journalism class.

    X allows users to share a post with less than 280 characters and images if they choose to do so. Today X has over 368 million monthly users that send over 6,000 posts every second. X's original purpose was for friends to communicate. Now it is a worldwide social networking site. People go to X now for daily news, sports, and politics. 

    Marketing with X is key. It allows the brand or company to have a voice and gives them the opportunity to engage with customers and followers more easily compared to other platforms. 

    Influencers are a major part of marketing in 2024. Even on X, they use influencers for marketing and advertising.

    There are many ways to advertise and get engagement on X. Things like visually appealing posts, giveaways, questions/polls, emojis, and customer service. These all contribute to the growth of brands. 

  There are several types of ads that are used on X. Types of ads include promoted ads, follower ads, collection ads, X amplify, X takeovers, and more.

    Regardless if you like and use X or don't use it or hate it you cant deny that there has been benefits to and for the platform. 

    I know personally I just don't like to use X but I know people who love it so its really just personal preference.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 2: Thinking Theta

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap