Netflix's The Social Dilemma

 The Social Dilemma' leaves audiences disturbed – Buena Speaks     Netflix's The Social Dilemma fails to tackle the real issues ...

    The past week in class we watched Netflix's documentary The Social Dilemma which was written and directed by Jeff Orlowski and produced by Larissa Rhodes. I saw this film before back when I was taking journalism in high school when this film was first released. I never thought much about the film when I watched it the first time which I'm sure because it was covid times. But I was excited to watch it again for this class. Although I missed about the first 20 minutes it was easy to catch up on what was happening.

    The first scene I saw was very one of the infamous conversations during the family dinner. During this scene and honestly through what I saw in this movie/docu-series which played out very dramatically. I am not saying it wasn't realistic because those issues around screens and being addicted to them do happen but not to that extreme I feel. 

    Now I'm not the type to sit through a documentary and stay engaged/entrained. I would blame our generation's short attention span since TikTok became a platform. But I would probably rate the documentary at 6.75 (yes that specific) out of 10. I feel like I would've wanted to see more interviews/voice-over narration.  

    I don't really know what else to say. I think it was very well-edited and produced with quality which is to be expected if it is a Netflix film. I would recommend it for social media aspects.


Comments

  1. I think that screen addiction is a huge problem among teens and young adults, and truly, even older adults. Regardless of the content being consumed, the amount of time spent staring at a screen has a negative impact on not only attention span but it can lead to sleep problems, mental health issues, and obesity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think some social media platforms are more harmful than others?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap

Week 2: Thinking Theta