My Simternship & Book Experience

social media trends ...    

    

    Simternship. The assignment of the semester for our Principles of Social Media class. Essentially it's exactly like it sounds. This assignment took place on our online textbook platform, Stukent. We got to simulate an actual internship or job in the field of social media. In the simternship, we ran social media posts, projects, and campaigns for a company called Buhi Bags.

    I did however expect to be super good and I thought that I would kill the simternship. I definitely thought wrong. It took me a while to get the hang of how I should be doing business and figure out the best ways to post. I did finally get the hang of it maybe 6 or 7 rounds in. The system was harder than I thought and opened my eyes to my future career. 

    Nobody enjoys a textbook. They tend to be wordy and have small fonts; carrying it around is a pain. Our textbook Essentials of Social Media Marketing was anything but that. Not only was this book published very recently in August of 2023. It was also on our platform Stukent. Stukent made everything so easy since it was online and I didn't have to remember a physical book or I would be straining my eyes reading an actual textbook.

    As for the book, I thought it was the perfect pair with the class itself and the simternship. I felt the layout and chapters were well organized so I could easily understand the material. I also liked the statistics page for each platform. It also helped that for each It helped me that it was broken into each platform being a different chapter. 

    I overall enjoyed this textbook as much as I can enjoy a textbook. 

Comments

  1. I completely agree! I typically HATE textbooks, but every class I have taken that uses Stukent I end up actually liking the book. I liked how this book was very straightforward and not one chapter felt too lengthy or had information that was not relevant to what we need to know. My simulation experience was also similar to yours...I was ready to kill it and ended up not performing very well. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap

Week 2: Thinking Theta