Chapter #9: LinkedIn is Key

 File:LinkedIn Logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons

Chapter #9: Linkedin

     I had never used LinkedIn until last week when I set up an account, after attending the Woman in Buinessness conference in Columbus last Wednesday put on by Ohio Northern's chapter of PRSSA.  I knew that I finally had to make an account after meeting with several professionals and soon hoping to get an Internship. 

    LinkedIn is the most used professional social media platform. It ranks in the top 20 at 18th most used social media  I really enjoyed this chapter because I got to learn about LinkedIn which I knew the least about out of several social media platforms we've learned about so far.  

    Numbers only a slightly higher amount of men are on LinkedIn compared to women with a percentage of 57% to 43% and the largest age group using LinkedIn is in the 25-34 range. Something about LinkedIn I never thought of would be what other countries use it and how much compared to the United States. India and China are the next two countries with the biggest usage. 

    With the average person spending about 17 minutes per month on LinkedIn that is a very low amount of time which makes sense to me because of not needing to check it often like you would any other social media platform.

    Now that I have learned about LinkedIn and how it works, algorithms, and facts/statistics, I see that this is more of an important platform than I originally thought. I believe that LinkedIn will continue to be not only essential for me and my future but for many others my age as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 2: Thinking Theta

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap