Chapter #8: Pinterest Inspiration

Pinterest (pinterest) - Profile | Pinterest


Chapter #8: Pinterest

    What is Pinterest? Pinterest is essentially a digital bulletin board. You can pin anything to any type of board that you can title and categorize how you want. I know that I have been using Pinterest for as long as I can remember. I remember that my mom and I would use to plan fun birthday parties for Ruby and me. I eventually created my own account probably around the time I started middle school. I've used Pinterest on and off for several years. I have used Pinterest for DIYs, arts/crafts, and my baking phase when I was in middle school. I also frequently used Pinterest when prepping for college to see ways to save storage and decorate my future dorm room.

    The demographics of Pinterest were very interesting to see. I figured that app was going to mostly women users but I was surprised when I saw the number. The percentage of women using Pinterest in 2023 was 76.2% compared to men at 17.2%. Another stat that didn't surprise me was the largest age group on Pinterest was the 25-34. I figured that makes the most sense to me due to the top search categories on the app being fashion/beauty, food/recipes, and home decor. I think those top searches fit that age demographic the best. 

    I personally LOVE using Pinterest. I still use it to this day even if it's not super often. I use it now but in some ways, I used it way back in middle school.  I mostly use it for recipes especially now being in college where I don't have the most time and want a simple but tasty dinner I often look to Pinterest for recipes and inspiration. I also used it for room decor ideas when I moved from the freshman dorms to Affinity. 

    Regardless I believe anyone can find inspiration or ideas for a topic they need with Pinterest. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 2: Thinking Theta

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap