Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap


    Over this past weekend, my sister drove up to Northern and we had a BLAST! She happened to have a long weekend for Presidents Day so I asked her to come visit me. 

    As she starts to now look at colleges as a junior in High School I wanted to show her what an average weekend in college looks like for me. 

    She drove up early Friday afternoon due to the snow starting. Once she got here we first unloaded her car because I had her bring me some groceries from home. Once we did that we moved her car to the visitor lot and got an early dinner at WOW because again I wanted Ruby to really get the collage feel.  We pretty much just hung out around my room and the Theta house over the weekend especially since it was FREEZING and snowing. She of course ended up getting the worst weather of the season while being here. The weather definitely gave her that Northern feel and I think gave her some insight into the college reality. While she was here I also of course took her to MAC so she definitely got the full ONU experience. 

    With Ruby being here it also made me feel a little bit homesick. I guess that was bound to happen when I was hearing about what was going on in her life and at home. But nonetheless, we both had so much fun and didn't stop laughing most of the weekend.

    Now it's time for both of us to go back and focus on school and our extracurriculars. I'll go back to what seems lately to be my nonstop schedule and Ruby will go back to working on school and theater for the upcoming spring musical. 


    Even though I just saw her I am once again excited to see her when I head back home to Powell and see her school musical, Anything Goes in a few weeks during my spring break. 



A selfie that we took over the weekend. I sometimes think we look the same and other times I think we look different. So I included a picture where I think we look the same.


                                                                                                         A photo I took of Ruby during dinner Friday with her chicken tenders from WOW.

Comments

  1. This made me laugh out loud! I love how you remarked WOW and the dining hall as the true college experience — because it truly is! It is so crazy to think about how much our lives have truly changed since benign home. Whether it’s academic rigor, scavenging for food or hiking in a blizzard across the tundra, college is so different from what Ruby is experiencing in High School. I hope she had a blast and liked Northern! Go bears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to enjoy the weekend showing your sister just what college can look like! I know personally I did not have any older siblings to give me all of the insight, so I am sure she is grateful to have you giving her advice and that real college experience. She also got to experience the freezing side of Ada that I had no idea about prior to my freshman year and already being enrolled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I am so happy your sister got to come visit you! I miss my sister very much and there really is nothing else that can compare to a sister's love. My sister is supposed to come visit me in a few weeks and I am so excited! I hope that Ruby enjoyed her stay at ONU and maybe is even considering becoming a polar bear?! That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 2: Thinking Theta