Week 3: Recruiting and Rush x2

    As I previously shared I am both a member of Kappa Alpha Theta and Alpha Phi Omega here at Ohio Northern University. This week happens to be Rush/Recruitment for both organizations. I love events like Rush where I get to meet all sorts of different people.

     Starting out the week on Monday I started with a panhel meeting to get my mandatory meeting and service hour for panhel done. Straight afterwards my friend Melina who also happens to be the President of Alpha Phi Omega and I headed straight for the pharmacy building. Alpha Phi Omega has three key pillars, leadership, friendship, and service. Each rush event for APO is themed after one of the pillars. Monday's meeting was service-themed. 

    As a chapter and with possible new members we made pipe cleaner flowers for a local nursing home. It was harder than you might think to make these. The next two events of APO rush will be for the fellowship and leadership. There will be Movie Trivia night and making Paper Bag Piñatas. We have gotten a few 

Photo by: Billie Gibson of the bouquet of all the pipe cleaner flowers. 


    As for Theta, we also have been having informal rush events which are so much less pressure than formal recruitment in the fall. We held three events in the past two weeks including Cocoa & Cookies, Game Night, and finally Friendship Bracelet Making. Then the next two days we have a Bid Day for the new members and pledging on Friday. We are repeating our fall bid day theme which is ''Lucky to be a Theta." The theme is based on Lucky Charms cereal and fun rainbow colors. I LOVE our theme. Hopefully, our Bid Day theme will be just as cool next year. I just love Rush. It is just so exciting to meet new people and see them find their homes in different sororities and fraternities.


  I know all I seem to do is talk about Greek Life here at Ohio Northern but that's really what keeps me busy and I really enjoy it. I know that I would highly recommend Greek Life here. Even if you are slightly considering it, just do a little research. You may end up liking it.

Comments

  1. Wow, you've been busy! It is cool though that you get to be a part of setting up all of these events and helping with these really cool activities. Some of them are so creative and fun, like the pipe cleaner flowers?! I might have to do that with my track team for some bonding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be really busy keeping up with both of these organizations! I know sometimes I struggle just to keep up with our Theta events. I am so incredibly bummed to be missing our recruitment events, bid day, and pledging due to being sick. I was looking forward to being on the other side of these events this time around. I guess that just will make fall recruitment that much better! I also love the pipe cleaner bouquet! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 2: Thinking Theta

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap