Week 2: Thinking Theta

    Once again it is another dreary week here at Ohio Northern but that's not stopping me from having a great week. If there is one thing about me I love being busy and this week is definitely that. I have several things to do this week. Starting out the week on Sunday with several hours of various assignments for the development of Kappa Alpha Theta. I really LOVE having a position in my sorority. It really has not only gotten me more involved but also helped me to better the chapter. I currently hold the position of the VP of DEI. It turns out that I like it more than I originally thought I would when I was applying to hold an executive position.


    Having this position means so much to me as I worked very hard my first year to be able to have the opportunity to hold a position. Over the summer as a new freshman out of my first year of college, I also had the opportunity to attend the Kappa Alpha Theta's National Emerging Leaders Conference. I originally only applied for the fun of it, just thinking about practicing filling out applications and also not thinking too much of it. But to my surprise, I was accepted. 








      That summer they flew me and about 50 other Theta's from all around the United States and Canada to College Park, Maryland for the conference. We also got to stay in the Theta house off campus at The University of Maryland which also happens to be the largest Greek House on that campus.  



    During the conference, I learned so much more about not only Theta and my continued love for the sorority but also all the incredible women I had the opportunity to meet. This program was truly life-changing and I am hoping to get to experience it once again. I am very thankful to the national Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation for this experience.


    

Comments

  1. Also benign on an executive team for a sorority, I understand how you feel! Benign on exec makes me feel helpful to the chapter, and I’m sure as Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion you experience that firsthand. I didn’t know you attended the Kappa Alpha Theta's National Emerging Leaders Conference. Experiencing a conference is so beneficial and fun! Getting to meet people in the same sorority as you from all over the nation makes the world seem a bit smaller and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes Greek Life sound so fun! Playing soccer I never got to rush but I contemplated it for a long time. It seems like you've found something really awesome to be part of with some really amazing people around you! It makes me so happy to see you thriving in Greek Life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap