Chapter #12: Blogging, Vlogging, Podcasts, and Webinars Oh My

Chapter #12:

The Best Vlogging Camera Picks in 2024 - 42West

    I am sure everyone these days has heard of these forms of media. They may actively use these platforms for news, entertainment, and enjoyment. These have the ability to be very specific about a topic or have more of a general theme. 




    I know that I use 3 out of the 4 media forms discussed in this chapter in my everyday life. I first started watching vlogs before I can even remember. I was just a young girl maybe 9 or 10 and I was infatuated with Vloggers on YouTube. These Youtubers would film themselves going to Target, Toys R Us, Marshalls, and pretty much anywhere you could find Toys and simply show what was on the shelves. Barbies. Monster High Dolls. Littlest Pet Shop.  Anything I found interesting I could find a vlogger that had the content I wanted. As I grew up I was always watching vlogs which evolved to different content and interests I had. I then started to listen to podcasts late middle school into high school when I started having longer days at the hospital. Now I am just discovering the world of Blogs in this class. 

    In this chapter,  they discuss the ways of advertising in these forms of media. Advertising can include pretty much anything from paid advertising to just social media accounts promoting. It also discusses the future of where these forms of media stand. It is no surprise to me to continue to grow and evolve for a while. It should also become more cost-effective as well due to media becoming easier and more effective.     

    I don't see these forms of media going away and like the book mentions I also believe it will continue to grow and expand into the future. What do you think might happen with the future of any of these forms of media?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 2: Thinking Theta

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap