Week 9: Ready for Summer!!

Cute hand drawn isolated clipart of closed ring notebook ...
    I am sure you are all feeling that past midway semester slump. With the semester so close but so far at the same time I know that I am ready for summer. I have been trying to stay focused and motivated this week but I've been finding it extra difficult.

    Starting out this week on Sunday I had my day FULL of stuff for Theta. I started the day by waking around 8:30 am (which was harder than it should've been because my friends and I stayed up until 1:00 am watching the Hungar Games) to help my friend Lydia with cooking bacon and sausage links for about 100 people for a late St. Patricks Day panhellenic brunch with all four sororities. My Big and G-Big Madi and Gwen brought us Starbucks and we all got to work while listening to Taylor Swift's 1989 album of course.

    It took us three hours to cook all the food we were in charge of for the brunch but we did have it ready just in time. Seeing all four sororities come together for this event was super fun. There are only typically events done with some of the sororities so that was awesome to see and have us all come together right before Greek Week. 

        After the brunch, we all headed back to the house to rehearse for Greek Sing. We ran four of eight dances all afternoon. I then headed over to the library for a meeting with Theta's executive recruitment board which I am a part of because of my VP of DEI position. It's wild to me that we already have to start preparing for Fall Recruitment. I swear I was just a new member but in reality, I am about to be a junior. 

    Plus later I had normal Sunday night activities with Theta, executive meeting, chapter, and member development committee. 

    The rest of the week should be a normal week for me along with some Greek Sing practices. I am definitely excited to get off Friday for Easter weekend. I hope you all have a great break :)

Comments

  1. Wow! That's a lot of Theta events! I heard the brunch went well which I'm sure all your cooking played a part of! I’m happy you seem to be enjoying Theta so much and all the Greek Week hype! Have a good break and easter as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 2: Thinking Theta

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap