Ohio Northern's Social Media Workshop!!!

    This past week, I attended Ohio Northern University's 6th annual Social Media Workshop which was held and organized by ONU'S PRSSA group. It was such a cool event to experience especially as a newer student in the business college world. Since I only just picked up my business minors, I was super excited to attend this event for so many reasons. First off I was excited to dress up and get a feel for what it was like to look like a professional since I haven't had that opportunity yet. I also enjoyed getting to take a break from my regular scheduled day with typical classes on Friday. It was also nice to be able to walk around and choose your own schedule/session depending on what you wanted to hear or learn about.

    Out of the four-session blocks where you could choose from speakers in both the Bearcave and the Activities room I stayed in the Bearcave for 3 out of 4 sessions. After the keynote in the ballroom where we all learned about the benefits and cool ways to learn AI, I started out my day in the bear cave by hearing from Megann Winters-Rowe from Inspire PR group which is located in Westerville, Ohio which is pretty close to Powell, Ohio where I am from so I thought that was extra cool about the presentation. Megann was an amazing speaker and it was so cool to hear about her job and learn what she does on a day-to-day basis. I chose to cover her section for my live tweeting/X posting assignment because one of my hopes of the day was to hear about what professionals in these types of fields do daily for work. 

    I also went to sessions from Dayton Barnett, Colin Wylie, and Brandon Daniels who were all amazing speakers as well. I know that I gained knowledge and learned from every speaker that I listened to that day. 

    Another thing that I thought was so cool was when I went to lunch in MAC and sat down with a bunch of other business students that Colin Wylie from The Ohio State Univeristy who spoke after lunch in the activities room about brand authenticity in the fyp, he came up and sat with us at lunch. To me, that was crazy because not only did he choose to sit with us students but I feel like if I were at any other school the guest speaker would avoid the students until or after his or her presentation.

    Overall if you were to ask me about my favorite part of the day I don't think that I could pick something. I LOVED everything about attending the social media workshop and I would definitely attend again even if it wasn't required for a class. 



A picture I took at Megann Winters-Rowes' presentation. 
                             Some of us Students at lunch with Colin Wylie.









My Nametag :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 2: Thinking Theta

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap