Week 6: Orange & Black Day and Greek Awards


    This past weekend I signed up on a wim to work Alpha Phi Omega's table at Ohio Northern's accepted student day, Orange & Black Day. Orange and Black Day is the main time for accepted seniors who are both committed to ONU or considering enrolling here to check out campus. They have events all day for those future polar bears including dorm tours, academic sessions, and the organization fair where I was volunteering. 

    I honestly hardly remember my Orange & Black day due to the nerves and anxiety I felt during my senior year about getting ready to move away to college. From what I had remembered about that day was seeing all the tables of the organizations that were offered on campus. I was already nervous that day so I didn't look around as much as I maybe should've then. 

    It almost felt surreal talking to new polar bears about Alpha Phi Omega. I was almost in like shock because I felt so much deja vu when I walked into the fieldhouse through the giant inflatable polar bear head. I literally texted my mom and said "I feel like I just stepped back into my senior year". 

    This weekend was also the annual Ohio Northern Greek Awards. Each year all the fraternities and sororities participate in a program, called Standards of Excellence. The goal of this program is to foster and help show growth in each participating chapter.  I enjoyed the Greek awards a lot. It was fun to see the entire Greek community get dressed up and come together to celebrate everyone's accomplishments.

    This year my sorority Kappa Alpha Theta won four awards including Outstanding Community Service Project, Most Improved GPA, Outstanding Member Development Program, and Sliver for our SOE presentation. I was super excited to see us win the awards knowing how much hard work my friends put into winning those awards.














Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to work an accepted students day soon for Dean's Advisory Council. I actually never attended one myself, so I am excited to see what it entails. Congratulations on all of your sorority's winnings! I can't believe Gwen was revealed as Klondike! I bet the reveal was so much fun for you and your sisters!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 2: Thinking Theta

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap