Week 4: A Reset Week

    Another week here at Ohio Northern and it's much more chill compared to the last few weeks. I've been working on a lot of schoolwork these past few days. Along with that I am also currently prepping for my younger sister Ruby to come visit this weekend.

    I definitely didn't expect prepping for my sister to visit would take as much time as it has. Cleaning, laundry, making a food plan, and figuring out what to do. Now I know how my mom must feel when we have visitors at home. I just want my sister to have fun and get a feel for college while she starts to look at colleges as a soon-to-be High School senior. 

    Although Ruby has made it very clear she does not want to go to school here at Ohio Northern I've learned to give up my hope of her joining me here. I get it though we're both different people and it'll be good for both of us to get away and experience college by ourselves. I definitely will miss being around her though and hopefully, she feels the same way that I do.  




    Ruby and I luckily have many similar interests that help make us close. When she first looked at what kind of organizations she wanted to join when getting to High School she of course had to pick the one thing I was already involved in, Liberty Theter Workshop aka our theater program. I was adamant I didn't want her to join me and all my friends. But really I had no choice as I was gonna graduate school in the spring anyway. She ended up loving theater as much as I did so we got to bond over working on stage crew together. I know that my sister and I are extremely lucky to be close and to resume how close we are when I leave each time I come back from Northern. I am again so lucky to have a built-in best friend whether she would agree with me or not. 


A photo I took of Ruby in the National Park, Muir Woods.
                        Picture from San Francisco in front of the old Grateful Dead house that my mom took.      

Picture of Ruby I took when we went to see Trolls Band Together this past Thanksgiving.


    Even though we are both set on different paths soon I know that we will both always be in each other's lives regardless. I know you are going to be probably reading this Ruby so hi and please don't think this is to cheesy and love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 2: Thinking Theta

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap