Welcome and Intro Post

    Hello all! Welcome to my blog All in with Althea. I'm Althea Pleasants and this blog will be a little sneak peek into my life including anything I feel like sharing. Today I thought I would just share a bit about myself. As previously mentioned I'm Althea and I am a sophomore at Ohio Northern University. At Ohio Northern, I am currently Studying Communications, Marketing, and Social Media. In my free time, I love to hang out with my friends and family, shop, watch reality TV, and watch live theater. 



    As I grew up I never knew what I wanted to do in my future until I discovered Ohio Northern. I knew that I wanted to do something creative like some journalism classes I took in High School while also joining the yearbook team. I then figured I wanted to work in a similar field with less writing since it's not my strongest skill. Which all lead me to the field of Communications. Which yet again let me discover the minors of Social Media and Marketing that I have now picked up. 






    I also am a member of a few organizations here at ONU and elsewhere. First and foremost I am a member of the Zeta Sigma chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta. I'm also the newly elected Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for my chapter. Along with that, I am also involved with another Greek Organization called Alpha Phi Omega which is a national co-ed service fraternity that I joined this past fall. I also am a general member of the Student Planning Committee which focuses on planning free events on campus. 










    Outside of school I also am a volunteer for a few service organizations. I am currently active as a Lifeline of Ohio Ambassador with my mom, sister, and grandma. Lifeline of Ohio is what is called an organ procurement organization which is a smaller version of UNOS, the United Network of Organ Sharing. An organ procurement organization is a non-profit that is responsible for recovering organs from deceased donors for transplantation in the United States. Along with being involved in the transplant world, I am also currently a Peer Mentor for Nationwide Children's Hospital for the Liver and Gastrology department to help parents and their kids. 




Well, I hope that you enjoy my blog and I can I can't wait to keep sharing with you all. See you all soon with All in with Althea.

Comments

  1. I had no idea that we both had the same minor! That is so exciting! That's so cool that you love live theatre. Have you seen some of the shows here at ONU? We should definitely go see some shows together sometime. I would love that. Also, I will be in the upcoming musical, 9 to 5, here at ONU. You should go see that! I am also so excited for you to serve as the VP of DEI in Theta, and I can't wait to see all the amazing things you do in that role.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: Wrapping Things Up...or So I Thought

Week 2: Thinking Theta

Week 5: Ruby at Northern Recap